Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 7200RPM 256MB CACHE SATA/12GB/S NO ENCRYPTION
- 1.50 LBS
- Maximum Purchase:
- 4 units
- Calculated at Checkout
Confidently store up to 8 TB of data without sacrificing performance.
- Quickly access and store data with blazingly fast random performance – over 100% faster than last generation HDD
- Enjoy peace of mind with field-proven ninth-generation technology for reliable access to unstructured data - in the same 3.5-inch footprint!
- Have confidence with a drive that ensures 24×7 consistent performance – every transaction, every day
- Efficiently delivers easy integration into replicated and RAID bulk storage systems with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interface options
Maximum Capacity and Built for Speed
Supporting the industry’s best response times for an 8 TB nearline drive, Seagate’s Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology.
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint available on the market today. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild™, you have the control to tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your total cost of ownership.
World-Class Reliability Meets High-Capacity
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with Seagate’s 8 TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550 TB per year and backed by a 2M hour MTBF and 5-year limited warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD ensures you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550 TB per year, which is up to 10× the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12 Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives - on the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option1 or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase2technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
1SED FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries, see Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/validation.html#05.
2ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology - Security techniques - Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
What’s In the Hard Drive?
- Super fast 6 TB nearline hard drives utilising Seagate’s latest advanced caching technology
- At 550 TB/Year, it’s 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven conventional PMR technology backed by highest field reliability ratings and an MTBF of 2M hours
- 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interfaces for easy integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- 33% increase in areal density (over last generation 6 TB HDD)
- PowerBalance™ user-definable feature for those requiring lower power consumption with balanced performance
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal
Enterprise HDD Reviews
Supermicro’s wide array of SuperServer and SuperStorage solutions deliver unrivalled performance, efficiency, density and reliability for enterprise, data centre, cloud and HPC environments. With Seagate's new portfolio of 8 TB 3.5” Enterprise, we can cost-effectively address expanding web scale storage requirements with the most advanced Green Computing platforms on the market.”
Don Clegg, VP of Marketing & Business Development,
The Seagate v4 has RAID Rebuild functionality built-in. RAID Rebuild, part of the SAS standard, allows communication between the drive and a RAID controller to perform targeted rebuilds. These surgical rebuilds can remove the requirement for rebuilding an entire array."
Paul Alcorn, TweakTown
Seagate claims they achieved those performance gains in part by leveraging the latest SAS interface and by the company’s own efforts to optimise the performance of existing HDD technology. In contrast, rival manufacturers are introducing slower HDDs that make use of helium to increase capacity in a way that winds up driving up the cost per terabyte paid by customers.”
…Seagate boasts of a 25% areal density, rounding out the impressive performance stats. For a nearline enterprise solution, it may not get better than this.”
- SATA 6.0Gb/s
- 7200 RPM
- Form Factor:
Handling time: All orders are shipped as soon as possible within 1-2 business days after payment confirmed. However, we cannot control transit time once your package is handed over to the courier.
We process and ship orders Monday – Friday and are unable to offer weekend or holiday delivery.
Free shipping to continental United States (48 States) only.Alaska, Hawaii & other U.S. Territories shipments have an additional shipping fee equal as Expedited. Expedited shipping is the only shipping method offered for these locations. We do not ship internationally.
We reserve the right to select which shipping company/carrier will deliver your product. This might affect you if you live in a rural community that does not accept deliveries from any specific shipping company.
- All products sold by Platinum Micro.com are brand new and carry the manufacturer’s full warranty.
- All products advertised as BULK or OEM are brand new and carry the manufacturer’s full warranty.
*Note: "BULK" and "OEM" items do not come in a retail type of packaging, donot include hardware, accessories, cables,software, or literature. Unless otherwise noted.
- All products are shipped to the customer the exact same way that we receivethem from the manufacturer.
- We are NOT responsible for physical damage or misuse of the product, damage or misuse of the product will automatically void the manufacturer warranty
*Note: Platinum Micro.com does not accept returns for refunds or exchanges of the following items: Open Software, Downloadable Software Products (Digital Downloads), Software Product Keycards, Online Subscription Software, and items manufactured by LG, Gigabyte, and Fortinet.
Return Policy- Schedule and Time
- Platinum Micro.com offers a 30 day return/exchange policy, unless otherwise noted. The return/exchange policy begins on the customers purchase date.
- No returns or exchanges will be accepted after 30 days.
- All refunds will be made back to the customer’s original form of payment within 7 business days of receiving the return merchandise.
- Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) are valid for only 10 business days. Packages must be received by us within 10 business days after the RMA number has been issued. Packages received after 10 business days will not be accepted and the warranty period will be considered voided and cancelled.
- RMA processing time is 5-7 business days once the package has been received.
- There is a restocking fee of 15%onall returns for refund. We charge this 15% restocking fee for all returns for refund to encourage customers to purchase products they intend to keep. We offer RMA replacement without any restocking fee to customers who have received a defective product.
- Shipping costsisnon-refundable.
- Product exchanges can be accepted for defective items, the same exact item only. Product returns can be accepted for defective items only. Productreturns for non-defective items will incur a 15% re-stocking fee, deducted from the refund amount.
Return Policy- Customer’s Duty
- Platinum Micro.com does NOT offer "Advanced Replacement" for the exchange of defective merchandise.
- Platinum Micro.com does NOT pay the return shipping costs for defective merchandise.
- We are NOT responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacturethe products we sell. Platinum Micro.com will pay for shipping "Back to the customer" for exchange of defective items.
- All returns and exchanges must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA number). Please contact us foraRMA number prior to sending your package. Platinum Micro.com will NOT accept packages without prior authorization and a RMA number.
- All packages being shipped to Platinum Micro.com must have a valid tracking number that is with a majorcouriersuch as UPS, FEDEX, or USPS.