WD Ultrastar DC HC550 18 TB 0F38459 3.5" Internal 512MB SATA 7200rpm 512E SE NP3 WUH721818ALE6L4
- 2.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
WD WUH721818ALE6L4 Ultrastar DC HC550 18 TB 0F38459 3.5" Internal 512MB SATA 7200rpm 512E SE NP3
Driving Up Capacity and Driving Down TCO for Cloud and Hyperscale Data Centers
The breadth and depth of Big Data is driving the universal need for higher capacities across a broad spectrum of applications and workloads. Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, Western Digital delivers the capacity to conquer the data explosion with the Ultrastar DC HC500 series of hard disk drives (HDDs). The DC HC500 series is designed for public and private cloud environments where storage density and cost-efficient infrastructure is critical.
The 18TB/16TB Ultrastar DC HC550 HDDs are the first commercial implementation of Energy-Assisted Magnetic Recording technology and utilize the industry’s first Triple Stage Actuator. These technologies, integrated with HelioSeal on a 9-disk platform, deliver the highest areal density and unmatched Total Cost of Ownership for customer and market needs.
- Up to 18TB capacity in a standard 3.5-inch form factor
- Industry’s first Energy-Assisted Magnetic Recording technology
- Industry’s first Triple Stage Actuator
- Leading HelioSeal technology
- Reliable, field-proven design across five generations
- HelioSeal design delivers power efficiency (Watts/TB)
- 2.5M hours MTBF rating and a 5-year limited warranty
Applications and Workloads
- Cloud & Hyperscale Storage
- Massive Scale-Out (MSO), high-density data centers
- Distributed File Systems
- Bulk storage using Object storage solutions like Ceph™ and OpenStack Swift
- Primary and secondary storage for Apache Hadoop® for Big Data Analytics
- Surveillance Analytics
Continuous Innovation for Highest Capacities and Lower TCO
The Ultrastar DC HC550 18TB CMR HDD and Ultrastar DC HC650 20TB SMR HDD are delivering industry leading capacity for the data center through a combination of new and proven technologies.
Western Digital is the first to deliver Energy-Assisted Magnetic Recording (EAMR) technology and a Triple Stage Actuator (TSA). These new technologies combined with further mechanical innovations and HelioSeal technology provide the industry’s highest capacities to enable data at scale with optimized TCO for data center architectures, while maintaining workload reliability and performance.
- SATA 6 Gb/s
- Format: Sector size (bytes):
- 4Kn / 512e
- Error rate (non-recoverable bits read):
- 1 in 10^15
- MTBF (M hours):
- Annualized Failure Rate (AFR):
- Operating (W, typical):
- Idle (W):
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
Handling time: All orders are shipped as soon as possible within 1-2 business days after payment confirmed. However, we cannot control transit time once your package is handed over to the courier.
We process and ship orders Monday – Friday and are unable to offer weekend or holiday delivery.
Free shipping to continental United States (48 States) only.Alaska, Hawaii & other U.S. Territories shipments have an additional shipping fee equal as Expedited. Expedited shipping is the only shipping method offered for these locations. We do not ship internationally.
We reserve the right to select which shipping company/carrier will deliver your product. This might affect you if you live in a rural community that does not accept deliveries from any specific shipping company.
- All products sold by Platinum Micro.com are brand new and carry the manufacturer’s full warranty.
- All products advertised as BULK or OEM are brand new and carry the manufacturer’s full warranty.
*Note: "BULK" and "OEM" items do not come in a retail type of packaging, donot include hardware, accessories, cables,software, or literature. Unless otherwise noted.
- All products are shipped to the customer the exact same way that we receivethem from the manufacturer.
- We are NOT responsible for physical damage or misuse of the product, damage or misuse of the product will automatically void the manufacturer warranty
*Note: Platinum Micro.com does not accept returns for refunds or exchanges of the following items: Open Software, Downloadable Software Products (Digital Downloads), Software Product Keycards, Online Subscription Software, and items manufactured by LG, Gigabyte, and Fortinet.
Return Policy- Schedule and Time
- Platinum Micro.com offers a 30 day return/exchange policy, unless otherwise noted. The return/exchange policy begins on the customers purchase date.
- No returns or exchanges will be accepted after 30 days.
- All refunds will be made back to the customer’s original form of payment within 7 business days of receiving the return merchandise.
- Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) are valid for only 10 business days. Packages must be received by us within 10 business days after the RMA number has been issued. Packages received after 10 business days will not be accepted and the warranty period will be considered voided and cancelled.
- RMA processing time is 5-7 business days once the package has been received.
- There is a restocking fee of 15%onall returns for refund. We charge this 15% restocking fee for all returns for refund to encourage customers to purchase products they intend to keep. We offer RMA replacement without any restocking fee to customers who have received a defective product.
- Shipping costsisnon-refundable.
- Product exchanges can be accepted for defective items, the same exact item only. Product returns can be accepted for defective items only. Productreturns for non-defective items will incur a 15% re-stocking fee, deducted from the refund amount.
Return Policy- Customer’s Duty
- Platinum Micro.com does NOT offer "Advanced Replacement" for the exchange of defective merchandise.
- Platinum Micro.com does NOT pay the return shipping costs for defective merchandise.
- We are NOT responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacturethe products we sell. Platinum Micro.com will pay for shipping "Back to the customer" for exchange of defective items.
- All returns and exchanges must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA number). Please contact us foraRMA number prior to sending your package. Platinum Micro.com will NOT accept packages without prior authorization and a RMA number.
- All packages being shipped to Platinum Micro.com must have a valid tracking number that is with a majorcouriersuch as UPS, FEDEX, or USPS.